Smulders Projects Belgium N.V.
Specialised production facilities
By using a well thought out mix of locations, capacity and facilities, Smulders Group has optimally geared itself towards the production of foundations and towers for the on- and offshore sectors throughout the years. The modern equipped machine parks are continuously analyzed and, where necessary, improved to ensure a product has the shortest possible lead time with logistical efficiency. A flexible production process has been created with large capacity, quick response and delivery time of high quality products within the division.
A large part of the activities takes place at Smulders Projects Belgium N.V., the production facility in Antwerp. Here the foundations and towers are assembled with the prefabricates, which have been produced by other Smulders companies, and receive a surface treatment.
- Hoisting capacity of a 450 ton portal crane covering a surface of 60.000 m² and two 240 ton overhead cranes with a combined capacity of 480 ton
- Large production halls of 240 x 40 x 20 m and 320 x 46 x 36 m
- Shot-blasting halls with automated shot-blasting robots
- High quality paint spray equipment and halls with controlled and conditioned environment
- Storage capacity of over 30.000 m², within reach of the portal crane
- Connection of production location with an open river to the North Sea